Tuesday, December 4, 2012

FREE Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids

I don't know about you guys, but I start my holiday shopping as early as I can, (so that I can afford it)! This year, I am adding as many awesome free deals as I can. Here are a few of the deals I've gotten for stocking stuffers for my daughter and nieces! 



1saleaday[.com] has fantastic freebie deals periodically for new members. I have gotten A Sterling Silver heart shaped necklace (on a sterling chain) and a pair of drinking straw glasses from them, and my 9 year old daughter is going to LOVE them!



Vistaprint.com gives away all sorts of freebies, you just pay s/h. For my munchkin, I got a personalized "Things to do" notepad, "Hey Mom!" sticky notepad (for her to leave me notes or reminders about school stuff), and a fun self inking stamp that says "Property of Genevieve" (for her books,etc).



Whenever Crayola coupons are available, I pair them with super sales and stock up! My kiddo loves to color so we go through a LOT of crayons...I have a fresh 24 count box for her stocking, and I paid .05 cents (DARN NEAR FREE)! Plus I have a few extras for gifts for my nieces and a few neighbor kids. 




Any time Matchbox has a great coupon for their individual cars, I stock up! Our Wal-Mart sells them individually for .88 cents each. With a $5 off any purchase of $20, that is like getting 5 toy cars for FREE! These are also great for neighbor kids or my daughter's friends, but if any of the race cars are Jeff Gordon, or pink, they go in HER stocking. :)



My munchkin is now almost 10, and is learning about money (and coupons!) so prepaid cards are a fun way to give allowance or holiday gifts. I just got her first card, and her allowance will be loaded on it each week. I am adding a little bonus of $10 for the holidays, to get her started. The card was FREE and you can get one here. This is a great gift for teens too!

I am topping it off with a FREE plush dolphin from Frigo cheese! My kid loves animals, wants to be a vet...and loves stuffed animals too! We buy string cheese for after school snacks anyway so this one was a no brainer. 


My Tips:
1.  Use an alternate email address for freebie sign up. 

2. Get the deals ASAP! They go fast! I know some of these are expired, but I wanted to show you why it is never to early to start thinking about your holiday gift list...the Frigo Cheese deal ended May 31, and I have had the plushie tucked away in my gift stockpile box since then! 

3. I add to my stash all year round, and I start the day after Christmas! Otherwise, our holidays would be pretty bare. Hit the huge sales with your coupons! 

4. Score great freebies like from 1saleaday.com (who has ever-changing freebie offers, check our Facebook page for direct links to the freebies!) and stash them away. 

5. Donate any unwanted/unused freebies to shelters or food pantries...Get free toys and give them to Toys for Tots! It feels good to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment