I love making food ‘from scratch’, but we run a busy household: school, work, track practice twice a week, and so much more going on at all times! I've found a few acceptable shortcuts in the kitchen, such as using Bisquick baking mix to make fast and easy flat bread for dinner.
2 Cups Baking Mix
1 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Butter or margarine; melted
1/2 Cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Parsley (optional)
2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1. Heat oven to 450.
2. Mix baking mix and water until stiff dough forms.
3. Place the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes, to stiffen the dough. Turn dough onto surface well dusted with baking mix; gently roll in baking mix to coat.
4. Shape into ball; knead 60 times. Pat dough into an 11-inch square on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Spread butter or margarine over dough. Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over dough.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
Notes: I would use olive oil next time, instead of butter. This went great with my super easy Minestrone soup!
You may also like: