Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Price Matching at Wal-Mart For Beginners


My First Time Ad Price Matching at Wal-Mart
I have been using coupons to save big on my grocery costs for about 10 months now.  Today is the first time I have ever taken ads with me to Wal-Mart and gotten price matches in addition to using coupons. If you are new to using ads from other stores to get price matches at Wal-Mart, you can print yourself a copy of their price match policy here, to keep on hand (and take with you to the store, just in case).

Step 1. I spent about 20 minutes clipping and printing the coupons I needed for my trip (You will see them listed under each deal) and writing up a list of things we were low on in the pantry. Then I gathered the ads for our local stores, and found the best prices on those items. Using my blog's ad match ups for the week helped a lot with price comparisons. 

Step 2. Then I went to Wal-Mart, selected my items, and got in line… 

Step 3. Check out was simple! I showed each ad item to the cashier as she rung it up, to make it easier on us both (no hunting on a receipt for prices and changing them/hoping everything is right at the end!) 

Step 4.  I presented my coupons at the end. They are deducted after the price match. 

My Trip:
Ad price matches are Blue, What I spent is Red and what I saved is Green!

Meijer Ad

10 for $10 mix and match, get 11th FREE Knorr rice/pasta sides or Hamburger Helper
Wal-mart Prices $1.50 Hamburger Helper (not sale price)
                               $1.50 Knorr Side Dishes (not sale price)

Or
$0.50/2Knorr Noodle or Rice sides (I printed 3, using 2 computers) 

Bought 10 (4 Hamburger Helper, 6 Knorr sides) Spent $7.75 + got 1 FREE Hamburger Helper
Saved $11.75

County Market Ad

Kraft Shredded Cheese 2/$4
Velveeta Shells & Cheese $1.49 ea.
Wal-Mart Prices   $2.50 Kraft Shredded Cheese (not sale price) x 3= $7.50
                                     $2.98 Velveeta Shells & Cheese (not sale price) x 7=20.86
-         In ad coupon $5.00 off 10 selected Kraft products
Bought 10 (3 shredded cheeses, 7 shells & cheese) Spent $11.43
Saved $16.93

Ragu Pasta Sauce 0.99 cents each
Wal-Mart Price $2.00 (not sale price) x 2 = $4.00

-         In ad coupon for FREE pasta ($1.25 Value) with purchase of 2 Ragu sauces
Bought 2, Spent $.98
Saved $4.27

Spent $20.16
Saved $32.95

A Savings of 62%!   A Personal BEST!

Plus these Freebies!


What is the best you have ever done in a single shopping trip? 

Leave me a comment or send me an email at ilovethefree[at]yahoo.com. 


 Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment