Thursday, June 27, 2013

About Little Mom

~A Little About J.Rae~

I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, in a household where the words "budget" and "coupons" were used a lot. I learned how to use what we had to the best of our ability, and let nothing go to waste. Now that I am running my own household, these odd skills have come in handy! Due to a few events in our lives ( loss of a job and family illness) we fell way behind on all of our bills ~ we were in serious trouble! I started using everything I knew from my childhood to get us through the tough times. It was a rough start but now I can save 40-60% on my grocery/household items by matching coupons with sales! 

I started a family of my own and we moved to a rural town in Central Illinois, near Springfield. I realized that though I've lived most of my life in the suburbs, and a large part of my adult life working in Chicago...I am a country girl at heart! The pace of life is a bit slower here, the people are friendly, and I secretly have always wanted to be a homesteader. 

We are saving up for what we call our "Forever House", which will hopefully have just enough land for me to grow our own veggies and herbs. I love to cook, so this is a big deal to me. I use freebies, samples and coupons to save as much money as possible towards our goals! My daughter (who is 10) affectionately calls me "The Freebie Queen", and she is learning how to use coupons and loves to help me find items that I am trying to find. 

I am married, addicted to coffee and a Pisces. When not writing for Little Mom or running my household, I am a Wire Artist for Beadful Things, as well as a freelance writer for a travel website. 

~What You Can Expect~
My goal is to provide you with freebies and deals! I have successfully paired down a large chunk of our debt using coupons and freebies, so if I can help you in any way, I certainly will! You will also find my original recipes and crafts, as well as round ups of crafts from some of my favorite blogs. I have started writing about working from home, as well. I hope to add more to my gardening page ASAP.

I provide coupon/sale price match ups for CVS and Walgreens, as well as Target and Walmart. If there is a store you want to see match ups for, send me and email!  If you ever find something (freebie/deal) I have missed just let me know, I will be happy to post it and give you the credit.  

I added a giveaway page, because I have some really fantastic things to give away this year! Stay tuned each month for new giveaways and reviews! 

Thanks again for visiting! If you like what you see, tell your friends!


Please read Little Mom's Policies & Disclosures

If you have any questions feel free to email:
ilovethefree@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Just received a payment for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can get by taking paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys to finally set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete